To set up the IceTV Remote service on your Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center, please follow the simple instructions below. If you have any technical problems then please contact IceTV Support.
Note: The instructions below assume that you have already registered an account with IceTV and added a Windows XP Media Center device to the account. You should have already finished Configuring your Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 for IceTV.
- Setup an IceTV Interactive Device
- Downloading and Install IceTV Interactive software
- Configuring the IceTV Interactive software
1. Setup an IceTV Interactive Device
- Login to the My Account section on the IceTV website.
- Click on the "TV Recorders" tab.
- In the bottom of the screen under "Add an Interactive device" enter a name for you device in the box marked "Device label" (e.g. Loungeroom or Vista or Media Center).
- Choose the device type of "Microsoft Windows XP MCE".
- Click "Add".
- The page will refresh and you will get a confirmation message at the top saying "Device Added".
Once this is complete you are ready to move onto the section "Downloading the IceTV Interactive software"
2. Download and Install the IceTV Interactive software
Click on the link below and select to "Save" the file to a known location on your media centre PC (eg Desktop or My Documents). Then select to "Run" the application.
The next few steps will take you through installing the IceTV Interactive application.
- First you will see the Installshield setup wizard starting up.
- Click on the "Next" button to start the installation process.
- Unless you want to change the installation directory (and its easiest just to leave it at the default directory) click the "Next" to continue.
- Click on the "Install" button to begin the copying of files.
- You will see a progress bar that shows how long until the installation will be complete.
- Click on the "Finish" button to complete the installation process.
Once this is complete you are ready to move onto the next step "Configuring the IceTV Interactive software".
3. Configuring the IceTV Interactive software
You will be asked a few questions that will help the setup including your IceTV Member ID and Password. This account information will be stored in your media centre and used when trying to check for scheduled shows using IceTV Remote.
- After the installation has finished the IceTV Interactive application will automatically start and you will see the IceTV Interactive startup screen.
- Click on the "OK" button to start the process of registering the Media Center PC to use the IceTV Guide.
- Click the "Next" button.
- Select the correct option for your setup, either "Computer Monitor" or "Television Screen". Click "Next".
- Choose the option "Use my existing IceTV account." if you already have an IceTV account, otherwise select "Create a new IceTV account.". Click "Next".
- Type in your IceTV "Member ID" and "Password". Click "Next".
- Click "OK" and then "OK" again.
- Click "Finish".
- You should now see the "Introduction" tab of the IceTV Interactive application.
- On the "Configuration" tab type in your IceTV "Member ID" and "Password". Ensure there is a tick in the box marked "Fix registry keys when changed". Click "Save Settings"
- You will receive the following error, when you click on "OK" it will then fill in the "Device" field with any devices that you have setup on the Remote Record website as specified at the top of this page. Click on "Save Settings" again to confirm the device that is listed.
You should now be seeing a TV guide in Media Center and be able to manage your recording schedules from the IceTV website or phone apps.
If you wish to uninstall the IceTV Guide for MCE, simply download and run the uninstall file.
Then go to the "Start" menu in Windows® and choose "Control Panel". On the Control Panel window that opens select "Uninstall a Program". Highlight "IceTV Interactive" in the list and then click on "Uninstall" from the menu at the top.