Here are the instructions for resetting Windows Media Center. This will clear out all settings and take you back to defaults.
- Go to Control Panel
- Select System and Security
- Select Administrative Tools
- Select Task Scheduler
- Expand Task Scheduler Library
- Expand Microsoft
- Expand Windows
- Then Select "Media Center"
- In the middle of the screen under "Name" look for the entry for "MediaCenterRecoveryTask", right click on it and select "Run" from the menu that comes up (You may have to expand the "name" column to the right to see this entry in its entirety).
- Start Media Center and run through the setup wizard again
Please Note: The following message will be displayed: "Windows Media Center experienced a serious problem. Before you can use Windows Media Center, you must run the Windows Media Center Setup again." Select OK, then select Continue, and then select "Express".
You can then continue setting up from step 2 in our guide to setting up Media Center at Setting up IceTV and Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 Media Center, You can skip step 3 as IceTV Interactive would already be installed.