To get the most out of IceTV and your OpenATV PVR there are a few things you should do first.
WARNING: If you don't have HD+ enabled on your OpenATV PVR you will need to disable all HD channels in IceTV. This is done by going to the Guide Settings page in the My Account section of the IceTV website and clicking on the Disable all HD channels button.
1. Avoiding clutter in the PVR and IceTV apps
With so many channels available it can sometimes be hard to sort through them all, if there are channels you don't watch you can disable these channels within IceTV by going to the Guide Settings page in the "My Account" section of the IceTV website then selecting "Disable" for each channel you don't normally watch, then when done click on "Save Settings". This will then hide the channel from the IceTV website and IceTV app.
1. Enable Margins before and after recordings
TV stations can run their shows later than their advertised guide times. To avoid missing the end of shows you should set OpenATV to automatically extend the end of your recordings. We recommend 3 minutes at the start and 20 minutes at the end or each recording.
To change the details margin before and after recordings do the following:
- Press the Menu button on your remote control.
- Scroll down to 'Setup' and press OK.
- Scroll down to 'Recordings & Timeshift' and press OK.
- Scroll down to 'Recording settings' and press OK.
- Scroll down to 'Margin before recording (minutes)' and using the Left and Right arrow keys to change this value to be 3.
- Scroll down to 'Margin after recording (minutes)' and using the Left and Right arrow keys to change this value to be 20.
- Press the Green button on the remote control to save the settings.
- Press the Exit button on the remote control to get back to live TV.