To add a new channel or channels to the SKIPPA please perform the following steps.
Note: If you previously needed to do a Manual scan to avoid the Skippa or other recorders from finding duplicate channels do Not do an Auto scan. Manually scan the correct frequencies instead. After a manual scan restart the SKIPPA with the yellow button from within the Scan menu (or go to 'Menu > Settings > General' and click on 'Restart').
To do an Auto Scan follow these steps:
- Press Menu on the remote control.
- Scroll down to Settings and press OK.
- Highlight Scan and press OK.
- Make sure 'Scan Mode' is set to Automatic and Bandwidth set to 7MHz.
- Press the Green button to start the scan.
- Press OK to confirm you want to scan.
- Once the auto scan has finished the SKIPPA will reboot.
Now clear the EPG so the SKIPPA can download a fresh copy:
- Press Menu
- Scroll down to Settings and press OK
- Scroll down to IceTV and press OK
- Press the right arrow to select 'Reset EPG' and press OK
- Press OK to answer yes.
- The Skippa will now reboot and download a new copy of the EPG data.
When new or updated channels start broadcasting it can take a few days for IceTV to organise the channel logos for the new or renamed channels and obtain the correct parameters for the channel's guide data. Please be patient and wait a few days before assuming there is a problem.
Note: IceTV does not provide a guide or channel logos for radio, datacasting or shopping / infotainment channels. You can disable these channels in the SKIPPA's Channels menu.