Downgrade the firmware via a USB stick as outlined below
1. TURN OFF AUTO SOFTWARE UPDATE
To prevent the Humax from automatically updating itself to the latest software you need to turn off and leave off the 'Regular Software Update' setting.Turn off the software auto update as follows:
- Go to 'Settings > Installation > Software Update'.
- Set 'Regular Software Update' to Off.
NOTE If in future you reset the Humax to it's default settings you will need to turn off the 'Regular Software Update' setting again.
2. DOWNLOAD THE FILE
Download a copy of the older software for your model:
- Humax software version UHTFAA 1.07.00 for HDR-7500T with loader version a7.5
- Humax software version AUTFAA 1.08.06 for HDR07500T with loader version a7.8 - 1.08.06 was the first version for the a7.8 model
3. COPY THE FILE ONTO A SMALL USB STICK
Note: The USB stick must be formatted in FAT32
After downloading the file you need to copy it onto your USB stick.
- The firmware file must be on the root level of the USB stick. Do not put it into a folder.
- Use the smallest USB stick you have, preferably with no or few other files on it.
4. UPDATE THE HUMAX
Note: The actual update process will:
- Pause at somewhere between 85 to 89% (P085 to P089 on the front display) for 1 or 2 minutes (don't panic).
- Pause again at around 95% and 99% (P095 and P099 on the front display) for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Switch itself off when finished.
Perform the update as follows:
- Turn the TV on (optional).
- Plug the USB stick into the front or rear USB port on the Humax.
- Turn off the Humax to standby.
- Turn off the Humax at the rear switch.
- Wait until the front light goes out.
- Wait at least another 30 seconds.
- Repeatedly tap the Humax's big front button while turning on the rear switch.
- Continue tapping the front button.
- You will see START SYSTEM appear on the front display, continue tapping the front button.
- The light on the USB stick should be flashing as the Humax searches for the firmware file.
- Stop tapping the front button after you see P001, P002, P003 etc on the front display.
- It will count all the way from P001 to P100.
- If you have the TV turned on you can see the update progress on the TV screen.
- The Humax will turn itself off when the upgrade is finished.
You can now remove the USB stick and turn the Humax on.
- Tapping the front button at about 2 or 3 taps per second works best.
- If it does not work the first time, try again as it can take a few attempts.