Periodically new software (firmware) is released by Humax with fixes and additional features.
To check for new software and perform an upgrade you will need to ensure that the Humax is connected to the internet, when ready please follow these steps:
- Go into the TV Portal by pressing the TV Portal button on the remote control.
- Select the SOFTWARE UPDATE option from the menu. Note: The TV Portal window now says My Apps
- To scroll across to the right side press the right arrow button (next to the OK button). If this is the first time you have been in this menu you will need to agree to the popup question.
- The Humax will then see if a new software is available and if there is it will tell you the firmware version and a list of changes. From this screen select the Update Software button.
- You will then be asked to confirm the update, select Yes.
- A message will appear asking if you want to start the download. Select Yes and press OK. The Humax will now download the software update in the background, while you watch TV. The download can take up to 30 minutes if your Internet is slow.
- Once the new software has finished downloading a message will pop-up saying that it has completed downloading and needs to restart. Select Yes to allow the Humax to restart to apply the new software.
- When the Humax restarts you will see two progress windows as shown below. While this is occurring do NOT turn off the Humax, just let it run through the upgrade process. Please note that at times the progress bar can pause for up to 2 minutes and it will look like nothing is happening, this is normal.
Once the update is complete the Humax will restart itself once more and return to normal live TV. Your Humax is now up to date.