You can setup timer padding on the Humax which will automatically extend all timers based on the time you set, this is to stop missing the end of shows due to TV stations not sticking to their advertised start and stop times. We recommend 3 or 5 minutes start padding and 20 or 30 minutes end padding.
To enable this feature follow these steps:
- Press the MENU button on the remote control
- Select "Settings" from the first menu
- Scroll down and select "Preferences" from the next menu.
- Scroll down and select "Recording".
- On this menu there are two options to look at, firstly there is "Start Padding Time" and then "End Padding Time".
- Select each of these options and select how much extra recording time you would like to have. Each option can be set to extend recordings by up to 60 minutes. If the choices only go up to 20 minutes then you need to update the Humax's software.
- Press the EXIT button on the remote control to get out of the menu.
That's it, now all recordings will be extended by the amount you set (except where the extra time would conflict with other recordings).
Note: The padding options will be greyed out while the Humax is recording, timeshifting or playing a file.
Exit to a TV picture then press the stop button to stop any playback or timeshifting. If you get a message about stopping a recording then either stop the recording(s) or wait until they have ended before changing the padding settings.