The Humax HDR-7500T will not output HD video over a component connection. High Definition video output is only available when the Humax is connected via a HDMI cable to a HDCP compliant television, projector or A/V receiver.
Some TVs with HDMI-CEC will prevent the Humax from correctly detecting that the TV is HDCP compliant. If you disable the HDMI-CEC on the TV, or move the Humax's HDMI cable to an input on the TV that does not use HDMI-CEC (often HDMI 3 or HDMI 4), the Humax will output a HD picture to the TV.
Go to "Menu > Applications > Anynet (HDMI-CEC) or Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)" and set it to OFF.
HDMI-CEC goes by many names depending on the manufacturer. Here are some manufacturers names for their HDMI-CEC:
- Anynet or Anynet+ (Samsung)
- Aquos Link (Sharp)
- Bravia Sync and Bravia Link (on older Sony models)
- HDMI-CEC (Hitachi)
- Kuro Link (Pioneer)
- CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba)
- RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo)
- SimpLink (LG)
- HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, and VIERA Link (Panasonic)
- EasyLink (Philips)
- NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi)