To set up IceTV's Guide on your Strong, please follow the simple instructions below. If you have any technical problems setting up IceTV Guide listings then please contact Customer Support.
Note: The instructions below assume that you have already registered an account with IceTV and have selected which TV Guide region (EPG region) you would like to receive TV guide data for. If you haven't done this or are unsure please go to My Account and select your region and time zone and then click "Save Settings".
An updated firmware has been released by Strong and is required to get IceTV Smart Recording to work. More information on this can be found on the Strong software update page. The latest firmware version for the SRT5492/5495 is V1.35 dated 15.02.2012.
- Setup an IceTV Smart Recording Device.
- Check the Firmware version.
- Setup instructions for Strong PVRs.
- Setup the IceTV EPG.
1. Setup an IceTV Smart Recording Device
An IceTV Smart Recording device is needed to download the guide on the Strong SRT, when you sign up for the IceTV Guide a Smart Recording device should automatically be created for you. The following steps will show you how to check this and set one up if needed.
- Login to the My Account section on the IceTV website.
- Click on the "My Recorders" tab.
- Under the "Add a Smart Recording Device" section enter a name for your device in the box marked "Device label" (e.g. Loungeroom or Strong).
- Set the recorder model to your model of Strong PVR.
- Click "Add"
- The page will refresh and you will get a confirmation message at the top saying "Device Added" and a new box will appear just in case you want to add a second device (if you only have one device to use with IceTV Smart Recording for remote recording purposes just leave this new box blank).
You are now ready to check the firmware on your Strong at step 2. Check the Firmware version.
2. Checking the Firmware version
The latest version of the Strong firmware is always recommended. Please follow the instructions below to check your firmware version and update your firmware version (if required);
Checking your firmware version
On the PVR:
- Press "Menu" on your remote control and select the "System Information" item.
- Go to the Strong software update page to see what the latest firmware version for your PVR is.
- The "S/W Version" number is the one that needs to be checked against.
- If you have the latest firmware version then you can proceed to step 4. Setup the IceTV EPG., otherwise follow the instructions below to update the firmware.
Updating your firmware
On your PC:
- Go to the Strong software update page.
- Download the firmware to your PC, this will be at the bottom of the page under Downloads and save it in a known location (i.e. the 'desktop').
- Extract the file if zipped. The file you want will end with .stb.
- Copy the firmware file to a USB Stick or Flash Pen.
On the PVR:
- Insert the USB stick or Flash Pen with the updated firmware file into the front of the Strong.
- Turn the machine on and go press the "Menu" button on the remote control.
- Scroll to "Storage" and and press Ok on the remote.
- Scroll down to "Data Transfer" and press Ok on the remote.
- Select "[/USB0]" (or if you inserted the USB Stick into the back select the correct number) and press OK on the remote.
- Scroll down the list of files and find the firmware file you downloaded earlier and press OK on the remote control to start the update.
- The PVR will then reboot again with the new firmware.
- Once the firmware update is complete you should also perform a reset to factory defaults to ensure no old settings are left behind that could cause corruption. To do this press the "Menu" button on the remote control.
- Scroll to "System Settings" and press Ok on the remote.
- Scroll to "Database Reset" and press Ok on the remote.
- Enter the PIN when prompted (the default PIN is "0000").
- Scroll down and select "Factory Set" and press OK on the remote.
- On the warning screen that comes up select Yes to reset all data (NOTE: This will not affect any recordings that are already on the hard drive).
- You should now re-setup the Strong using the instructions in the manual to scan the channels and any settings that are necessary.
You are now ready to continue on at step 3. Install and setup the Strong.
3. Install and setup the Strong
To use the Guide on your Strong you will first need to install and setup the device. This will involve connecting the Strong SRT to your antenna connection, your TV and your home network (these three things will need to be completed before you can setup the IceTV Guide). This will also include the scanning of channels and setting up a favourites list so that you can set the order of the channels in the guide. There are detailed instructions for these steps in the manual that was included with your Strong.
You are now ready to continue setting up the Guide on your Strong at step 4. Setup the IceTV EPG..
4. Setup the IceTV EPG (TV Guide)
- Open the setup screen by pressing the "Menu" button on the remote control.
- Scroll down to "System Settings" and press OK on the remote control.
- Scroll down and select "ICETV Settings" and press "OK" on the remote control.
- Change "ICETV Usage" to "ON" using the arrow keys on the remote control.
- Scroll down and select "Account" and press "OK", then delete the word Account and type in your IceTV Member ID using the on-screen keyboard. When finished press the EXIT button on the remote control to save.
- Select "Password" and press "OK", then delete the word Password type in your IceTV Password using the on-screen keyboard. When finished press the EXIT button on the remote control to save. (Please note - The IceTV Password is case sensitive, ensure that it is entered exactly as you originally typed in the IceTV website.)
- The "Device" listed is the device number from the IceTV website, if you only have 1 device on your account then you can safely leave this as the default of "0", otherwise change the number to be correct. (if you are unsure please check the My Recorders tab under the My Account section of the IceTV website and look down the list of devices to see which order they are in and count down starting from 0)
- You should now be able to test your connection by selecting "Check Status", when asked if you want to save the settings select yes. This will test communication with the IceTV server and inform you if successful or not. If unsuccessful then ensure your Strong is connected to your home network and also that the IceTV Member ID, Password and device number settings are correct.
You have now successfully completed IceTV's setup procedure for the Strong.
To view the TV Guide, press the "GUIDE" button on the remote control. If all has been setup correctly you will see an IceTV logo.
If you do not see any TV Guide data please check that you have followed all the above steps correctly. If the problem still persists you can check our knowledgebase section for Strong or contact our Customer Support on team via our Contact Us page.