Note: Elgato sold the EyeTV business to Geniatech in Feb 2016.
There are two different methods for setting up the IceTV Guide for use with EyeTV:
- Setting up IceTV via the EyeTV Setup Assistant. This is intended for members who are using EyeTV for the first time.
- Setting up IceTV via the preferences. This is intended for members who are already running EyeTV.
If you have any technical problems contact IceTV Customer Service.
Setting up IceTV with EyeTV via the EyeTV Setup Assistant
Please follow the instructions that came with your tuner to install the EyeTV software. Ensure you have your tuner and antenna plugged in before running the EyeTV software for the first time.
Please also ensure you're running version 2.3.2 or higher of the EyeTV software. If you're not, the latest version can be downloaded from the EyeTV 3 Downloads page on the Geniatech website.
The first time EyeTV runs, it should launch the "EyeTV Setup Assistant" automatically (if it doesn't, please run it manually by selecting "EyeTV Setup Assistant" from the "Help" menu). Step through the setup assistant by selecting the required options then clicking "Next".
- Welcome to EyeTV. Choose your tuner make and model (ie. "Elgato" "EyeTV for DTT stick") then click "Next".
- License Agreement. Please read the agreement, then click "Next" if you wish to continue.
- Product Activation. Enter the serial number that came with your EyeTV install CD, then click "Next".
- Connect Antenna. If you haven't connected your roof-top or portable antenna, then please do so now and click "Next".
- Connect to Your Mac. If you haven't plugged in your tuner, then do so now and click "Next".
- Auto-Tune TV Channels. Select Australia and click "Auto-Tune". Once EyeTV has finished scanning for channels, click "Next". If EyeTV hasn't found any channels, then please check all connections and click "Auto-Tune" again.
- Register with IceTV.
Click "Create Account" to create a new one month trial account.
To use an existing IceTV account, please click "Next", then "Change...", then enter your account details.
Please note: The "@" symbol cannot be used as part of a Member ID or password, so email addresses cannot be used.
- Finished! You should be all set up to use the IceTV Program Guide information and IceTV Smart Recording in EyeTV. If you're not seeing the guide data, then please try quitting and relaunching the EyeTV application.
Setting up IceTV with EyeTV via the preferences
Please ensure you're running version 2.3.2 or higher of the EyeTV software. If you're not, the latest version can be downloaded from the EyeTV 3 Downloads page on the Geniatech website.
Note: The instructions below assume that you have already registered an account with IceTV and have selected which TV guide region (EPG region) you would like to receive IceTV guide data for. If you haven't done this or are unsure please go to My Account > Guide Settings and select your region and time zone, then click "update".
- Launch the EyeTV application and choose "EyeTV>Preferences" from the menu.
- Go to the "Guide" tab and select "IceTV - Australia" from the service menu.
- Click on the "Change..." button and enter your Member ID and Password.
- At the bottom of the screen where it says "IceTV Device Label" click on the drop down box and then select the name of your IceTV device.
- Close the preferences window and open the EyeTV programs window ("Window>Show EyeTV Programs" from the menu bar).
- Select "Channels" in the source list on the left side of the window, then change all the channels to use "IceTV" as their EPG provider. This can be done quickly by selecting all the channels (Apple-A), then clicking on the EPG column for any channel name and choosing "IceTV" from the list.
- Open the preferences window again ("File>Preferences" from the menu), and click on "Update Now". The latest EPG data will be downloaded to your computer.
- You should be all set up to use IceTV program guide information and Remote Record in EyeTV! If you're not seeing the guide data, then please try quitting and relaunching the EyeTV application.