To set up the IceTV Guide on your DViCO TViX unit, please follow the simple instructions below. If you have any technical problems then please contact Customer Support.
Note: These instructions are not for the 6600A, 6620N, 6640N or S1 models. For the setup instructions for those models please go to Setting up IceTV and DViCO TViX 660A, 6620N, 6640N or S1.
Note: The instructions below assume that you have already registered an account with IceTV and have selected which TV Guide region (EPG region) you would like to receive the IceTV Guide data for. If you haven't done this or are unsure please go to My Account and select your region and time zone and then click "update".
1. Setup an IceTV Interactive Device
An IceTV Interactive device is needed to download the guide on the DViCO TViX, when you sign up for the IceTV Guide an Interactive device should automatically be created for you. The following steps will show you how to check this and set one up if needed.
- Login to the My Account section on the IceTV website.
- Click on the "TV Recorders" tab.
- Under the "Add an Interactive Device" section enter a name for your device in the box marked "Device label" (e.g. Loungeroom or DViCO or TViX).
- Set the recorder model to "Dvico TViX".
- Click "Add"
- The page will refresh and you will get a confirmation message at the top saying "Device Added" and a new box will appear just in case you want to add a second device (if you only have one device to use with IceTV Interactive for remote recording purposes just leave this new box blank).
Once this is complete you are ready to move onto the section "Configuring the DViCO TViX"
2. Configuring the DViCO TViX
- You will need to have at a minimum firmware version 1.3.17 to use the IceTV Guide with the TViX (and all firmware versions after this work as well).
- Ensure that your have setup the network and timezone settings under the Media Player setup section of the TViX (refer to the instruction manual for detailed instructions).
- While in DTV mode press the "Menu" button on the remote control. This will bring up the following screen:
- Enter in the details in the above screenshot:
- Select the EPG Type of "IceTV EPG" using the arrow keys on the remote control.
- Enter your IceTV username using the numeric keypad on the remote control (to change between uppercase, lowercase and numbers use the repeat button).
- Enter your IceTV password using the numeric keypad on the remote control (to change between uppercase, lowercase and numbers use the repeat button).
- Select your region by press the "OK" button and then selecting it from the list.
- After all the settings are entered select "Save" using the "OK" button, this will take you back to DTV viewing.
- Press the "Guide" button on the remote control, this will initiate a download of the latest guide information from the IceTV website.
Once this is complete you are ready to use the IceTV Guide on your DViCO TViX PVR.