If you wish to leave the Topfield in standby but want to ensure that it turns on at a specific time each day to check for newly scheduled shows via IceTV Interactive, this can be done by setting up a non-recording timer.
To do this:
- Press "Menu" on the remote control.
- Go to "Recording" and press "OK" on the remote.
- Go to "Reservations" and press "OK" on the remote.
- Press the red F1 button on the remote control.
- Change "Record" to be set to "Off".
- Leave "Type" set to "TV".
- You can set "Wakeup Service" to any TV channel, as the channel does not matter.
- Set "Mode" to "Every Day".
- Set the "Wakeup Day" to tomorrow's date.
- Set the "Wakeup Time" to the time of day you want the Topfield to turn on.
- Set the duration to at least 20Min to allow for at least two updates from IceTV.
- Select "OK" to confirm the details.
You can now safely put the Topfield to standby and it will wake up for any recordings that have already been setup and also at the specific time that you have specified above.