To set up IceTV's Guide on your Topfield TRF-5320, 5310, 5300, 2460, 2400 or TF7100HDPlus, please follow the simple instructions below. If you have any technical problems setting up IceTV Guide listings then please contact Support.
Note: The instructions below assume that you have already registered an account with IceTV and have selected which TV Guide region (EPG region) you would like to receive TV guide data for. If you haven't done this or are unsure please go to My Account and select your region and time zone and then click "Save Settings".
You will need the following information before starting
- Your IceTV account details (what you use to log in to this website) which are the following:
- Your IceTV member ID (also known as your IceTV username).
- Your IceTV password.
Your Topfield must have a connection to the Internet
- Your Topfield will need to already be setup and connected to your router so that the Topfield has Internet access.
See this help page for setting up wireless using a Topfield Wireless USB Dongle.
1. Setup an IceTV Interactive Device
An IceTV Interactive device is needed in your account so that your Topfield can download the guide. When you sign up for the IceTV Guide an Interactive device should automatically be created for you. The following steps will show you how to check this and set one up if needed.
- Login to the My Account section on the IceTV website.
- Click on the "TV Recorders" tab.
- Under the "Add an Interactive device" section enter a name for your device in the box marked "Device label" (e.g. Loungeroom or Topfield).
- Set the device type to the model of your Topfield.
- Click "Add"
- The page will refresh and you will get a confirmation message at the top saying "Device Added" and a new box will appear just in case you want to add a second device (if you only have one device to use with IceTV Interactive for remote recording purposes just leave this new box blank).
2. Install and setup the Topfield
To use the Guide on your Topfield you will first need to install and setup the device. This will involve connecting the Topfield to your antenna connection, your TV and your home network. This will also include the scanning of channels and setting up a favourites list so that you can set the order of the channels in the guide. There are detailed instructions for these steps in the manual that was included with your Topfield.
If you are using the Topfield USB wireless dongle to connect to the Topfield to your wireless network we have a how-to guide here.
You are now ready to continue setting up the Guide on your Topfield at step 3. Setup the IceTV EPG.
3. Setup the IceTV EPG (TV Guide)
- Open the setup screen by pressing the "Menu" button on the remote control, scroll across to "Settings" and press "OK" on the remote.
- Scroll down and select "IceTV" by pressing "OK". (Note: Older firmware called this Icelink)
- Change the IceTV option to "Enable" by pressing the right arrow (next to OK).
- Select "User Info" and press OK, then press 0000. (This is the pin number of the Topfield, if you have not changed this from the default).
Please note: On the December firmware for the Topfield the default pin number is 2606. If 0000 does not work then try 2606.
- Select "User ID" and press "OK", then delete the default 'guest' characters using the << button.
- Type in your IceTV Member ID using the on-screen keyboard. When finished select "Save" and press OK (or press the "Stop" button).
- Select "Password" and press "OK", then delete the default 0000 password using the << button.
- Type in your IceTV Password using the on-screen keyboard. When finished select "Save" and press OK (or press the "Stop" button).
Please note: That the IceTV Password is case sensitive, so enter it exactly as you originally typed in the IceTV website.
- Scroll down and select "OK" and then press the OK button on the remote control. You should see "Login Successful".
- The "Device Type" should be downloaded from the server and list the Interactive devices you have setup in your account. If you have just one device setup then you can leave this at the default setting. If you have more than one device in your account you will need to use the left or right navigation keys on the remote to choose between the available devices.
- You can now exit the menu.
You will also want to enable padding to extend your recordings in case they start early or run late. To enable this feature follow these steps:
- Go to the main Menu on the Topfield.
- Select 'Settings' from the menu and press OK.
- Select 'Recording' and press OK.
- Scroll down to 'Front Time Padding' and use the right and left buttons to change it to 2, or 3, minutes.
- Scroll down to 'Rear Time Padding' and use the right and left buttons to change it to 20, or 30, minutes.
- Press Exit to exit the menu.
You have now successfully completed IceTV's setup procedure for the Topfield.
To view the TV Guide, press the "GUIDE" button on the remote control. Note: it may take 2 minutes before the guide data appears the first time.
If you do not see any TV Guide data after a few minutes please check that you have followed all the above steps correctly. If the problem still persists you can check our Knowledgebase section at Topfield or contact Support.