If you are unable to update the firmware on your Topfield via the Internet using the Topfield's "Network Firmware Upgrade" menu, or you need to install a firmware version that is not the latest version, you can update the firmware on your Topfield via a USB stick.
A. First you need to download the firmware file for your Topfield model from the firmware list on the fan supported oztoppy.wikidot.com website.
- Unzip or extract the downloaded zip file (only required if you downloaded from the Australian Topfield website).
- You should now have a file with a .tfd file extension. If you cannot see the extension, right-click to check the file's properties to see if it is a tfd file type.
- Copy the .tfd firmware file onto a USB stick.
- After the copying to the USB stick has finished, remove the USB stick from the computer.
B. Then to Upgrade via USB:
- Plug the USB Stick into the Topfield's front or rear USB port.
- Press Menu on the Topfield remote and go to 'Installation > Firmware Upgrade > USB Firmware Upgrade'.
- Select 'Start Upgrade' and press OK.
- Answer Yes.
- Select the USB stick and press OK.
- Select the Firmware file that is on your USB stick and press OK to start the upgrade.
- Do not turn the Topfield off until the upgrade has finished.
- Within a few minutes the upgrade will complete and the Topfield will switch itself off and back on.
- You can now remove the USB stick.