You can setup timer padding on the Topfield which will automatically extend all timers based on the time you set, this is to stop missing the end of shows due to TV stations not sticking to their advertised start and stop times.
- Go to the main Menu on the Topfield.
- Select 'Settings' from the menu and press OK.
- Select 'Recording' and press OK.
- Scroll down to 'Front Time Padding' and use the right and left buttons to change it to 2, or 3, minutes.
- Scroll down to 'Rear Time Padding' and use the right and left buttons to change it to 20, or 30, minutes.
- Press Exit to exit the menu.
That's it, now all recordings will be extended (as long as there are no conflicting recordings).
Older firmware only had a padding setting to add time to the end of recordings. To enable this feature in older firmware follow these steps:
- Go into the main menu on the Topfield
- Select Setting" from the menu.
- Select "Recording".
- Scroll down to the option for "Time Padding for Timer Recording" and then press left and right to set this to a specific time.
- Press Exit to exit the menu