If your iPhone app keeps crashing, or doesn't show the correct information, please try each of the following until one of the steps works for you:
If your iPhone app is not transferring recording schedules you set to your PVR, then please contact us, as that indicates another type of problem.
Reset the IceTV App
Resetting the IceTV App deletes all it's cached information and downloads a new set of data from our servers. This can fix some problems with the app crashing or not showing the correct data. To reset the app:
- Load the IceTV app
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on "Reset Application"
- Tap "Yes" at the "Are you sure" popup
- The IceTV app will now re-download it's local data
Restart the iPhone
Restarting the phone can sometimes clear a problem with the application
- Hold down the power button until the "Slide to power off" message appears. Release the power button.
- Slide the slider and wait until the phone turns off (the circle animation disappears)
- Hold the power button down again for 5 seconds, or until the phone switches on again
- Wait until the home screen appears, and tap the IceTV application. See if this fixed the problem. If not, try the next step.
Force-close the IceTV Application
If you have iOS4 or above, try force-closing and reloading the app
- Press the home button to make sure you are on the home icon page of the phone.
- Double-Tap on the home button to show the list of running programs on the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the IceTV application icon by swiping to the left
- Press and hold your finger on the IceTV application icon until all the icons at the bottom start wiggling and you see a red minus sign to the top left of each icon.
- Tap the minus sign above the IceTV app icon. The IceTV app icon will disappear from the list.
- Press the Home button to close the list of running progams
- Locate and tap on the IceTV app icon. This will reload the program.
Re-download the IceTV Application
Sometimes it's necessary to delete the IceTV application and re-download it from the App store. To delete the app:
- Hold your finger down on the IceTV App until all the icons start jiggling
- Tap on the X on the top left of the IceTV application to delete it
- Press the HOME button to stop the jiggling
- Then load the App store program, search for IceTV and re-download the program from the App Store. It's free
- When you load the IceTV app again, please follow the directions to re-associate the app with your IceTV account
Restore the iPhone
If all the above steps fail, please try backing up, updating and restoring your iPhone. Make sure you backup your phone before updating it.
- To back up, update, and restore your iPhone, please follow these steps on the Apple Support Forums.
If none of those steps work, please contact IceTV support telling us the problem you are having, your phone model, and the version of iOS you are running (you can find this through Settings -> General -> About -> Version).