To enable IceTV on your Humax 2tune (HDR-3000T) it must have the latest software installed. The following steps will outline how easy it is to check for new software and install new software when a newer version is available. It is also a good idea to occasionally check if there is newer software available as each new software version normally adds new features and fixes any known bugs.
If you have any questions please contact Customer Service.
How to check for and update to new software
Make sure that the Humax 2tune has Internet access. Or if you have downloaded the software update onto a USB stick make sure that the USB stick is plugged into an unused USB port on the Humax.
- To ensure none of the following menus are greyed out make sure you stop any recordings, playback or timeshifting and exit any apps, catch-up TV and Netflix etc. If you have any recordings that are due to start soon you might have to wait to do these steps after the recording has finished.
- Press the Home button on the remote control.
- Press the Up arrow button to highlight settings in the top right corner then press OK.
- Scroll down to 'System Settings' and press OK.
- Press OK on 'System Information'.
- Note the numbers at the end of the Software Version, and Update Date (which is the date Humax created that software version).
- Press OK to start checking for new software.
- If it shows at the top of the screen that new software is not detected press the Exit button to return to live TV.
- If it shows that new software is available answer Yes to update to the new software.
- The Humax will now download the new software, which can take a few minutes.
- Next you will see a black screen for 30 seconds, which is normal. Do not panic.
- Then it will start updating the software. Warning! Do NOT turn it off while it is updating!
- As it updates you will see an information screen with a progress bar showing how the update is progressing.
- Once the update is finished the system will restart.
- If you updated the software using a USB stick you can now remove the USB stick.
After a software update you should repeat steps 1 to 5 to confirm that the Software Version number and Update Date have changed from what they were in step 5 earlier.