The following steps are for existing IceTV users, including people who purchased their Humax from IceTV but have not set it up yet. If you ordered your Humax from IceTV we will have created an account for you, if you didn't already have one.
- If you do not have an IceTV account and you did not purchase the Humax 2tune from IceTV you need to follow the setup steps at this link.
- If you have already setup your Humax 2tune and only need to enable IceTV you need to follow the setup steps at this link.
If you have any questions please contact Customer Service.
Connect the cables to your Humax 2tune
The first step to setting up your new Humax 2tune is to connect the necessary cables as shown in the manual included with your new Humax PVR. This includes power cable, antenna cable and AV cable(s) - either a HDMI cable or a Yellow, Red and White analogue cable - and optionally an optical audio cable if you have amplifier. If you will be using Ethernet to network the Humax PVR to your home network you need to connect an Cat5 or Cat6 Ethernet cable, or if you will be using Wireless you need to plug in the included Humax USB WiFi dongle into a USB port on the Humax (preferably the rear port).
Initial setup of the Humax 2tune
Once the necessary cables (and USB dongle if using WiFi) are connected to your Humax you are ready to turn the TV on, turn the Humax on and select the correct AV Input on the TV so you can see the screens from the Humax on the TV. The following steps will take you through the Humax installation wizard and some other required settings.
- After the initial Humax boot-up and loading screens have finished the first screen of the installation wizard you will see just informs you of the steps ahead. Press the OK button on the remote control to start the installation wizard.
- The next screen you will see is the region selection screen, where you select the state or territory that you live in and press the OK button on the remote control.
- Check you have a network cable or USB WiFi dongle plugged in (do not plug both in) then click OK on NEXT. If you are using a network cable go to step 4.
- If you have the USB WiFi dongle plugged in the next screen will ask you to select your wireless network from the wireless networks that are in range. Highlight your network and press OK. Note: If you have hidden your wireless network press the [+] button to enter your network name, security type and password.
- Click OK while the Password text box is highlighted and an onscreen keyboard will appear.
- Using the onscreen keyboard type your wireless password then select OK on the keyboard and press OK on the remote.
- Scroll down to the OK button onscreen and press OK on the remote.
Other important settings you need to configure
There are a few important options you should set in the Settings menu to ensure you don't miss the end of your recordings and to get the most out of your new Humax 2tune. This link will take to a page showing the simple steps to configure these options.