Note: If you need to upgrade via a USB stick, Beyonwiz have a "How to Upgrade the Firmware via USB" guide downloadable here.
Updating the software from the menu
Updating the firmware (software) on your Beyonwiz U or T series PVRs is easy. You just need to have your Beyonwiz connected to your network so that the Beyonwiz has Internet access, then follow these simple steps:
- Turn on your TV and turn on the Beyonwiz.
- Make sure that your TV is on the correct HDMI input for the Beyonwiz.
- Press Menu on the Beyonwiz remote control.
- Scroll right to Setup and press OK.
- Scroll down to "Software Manager" and press OK.
- Press OK on "Software Update".
- Wait for the "Package list" to finish updating.
- If there are any new packages available, select "Upgrade and reboot" and press OK.
- Once the upgrade is finished the Beyonwiz will return to live TV, or ask you to press OK so it can reboot.
Note: Do NOT turn the Beyonwiz off during the firmware installation process. The Beyonwiz will turn itself off and on as needed.
If you have any problems or question please contact Beyonwiz Support.