This setup document is up to date as of MediaPortal 1.15.0
- Install MediaPortal
- Setting up your EPG
- Configuring MediaPortal to use the IceTV Guide
- Example view of the guide
1. Install MediaPortal and TV Server
- The latest version of the MediaPortal software can be downloaded from:
- Install the latest version and ensure it installs without errors.
2. Setting up your EPG
Choosing the channels that you receive in the IceTV Guide is specified in the "My Account" area of the IceTV website. If you have not already specified which region you want to receive guide data for, complete the following steps:
- Go to the My Account > Guide Settings on the IceTV website.
- Enter your IceTV Member ID and Password if asked to login.
- Select your Region from the drop down menu.
- Confirm that the channels listed are the TV channels you receive in your location and then click on the "Save Settings" button on the page.
3. Configuring MediaPortal to use the IceTV Guide
- Run the "MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration".
- Under "TV Servers", expand 'your PC name', select the name of your tuner card then click on the "Scan for channels" button.
- Click on "TV Channels" and on the "Channels" tab click the "Add" button then enter a name for the group.
- Under "TV Channels" click on "TV Mapping", select the group name that you just created from the "Group Name:" list.
- For each channel you want to see in the guide, select it and press the double right arrow button between the boxes. If you want to change the order this can be done by selecting the channel and pressing the "Up" and "Down" buttons of the bottom of the screen.
- Under "Plugins" tick the box for "XmlTv".
- Under "Plugins > XmlTv" tick "Import new tvguide.xml".
- Tick "Apply timezone compensation when loading tvguide.xml".
- Leave the Hours and Minutes both set to 0.
- Click on the "Remote" tab and copy the following address as a single line and paste it into the "Specify a valid FTP/HTTP URL" box (see picture below). Make sure you replace the xxxx with your IceTV Member ID and replace the yyyy with your IceTV Password.
- Select a time to have the guide automatically downloaded each day (we recommend that this be sometime after 1pm) and tick the box marked "Enabled"
- Click on "Get Now!". The Transfer status won't show 'downloaded' until you leave the remote tab.
- Go to the "Mappings" tab at the top of the page.
- From the "Group" drop down menu select the list you created earlier.
- Click on the "Load/Refresh" button.
- Go down the list of channels in the bottom window and select the correct option under "Guide channel" for each channel listed under the "Tuning Channel" list.
- Once the mapping is complete, click on the "Save" button.
- Go back to the "Settings" tab.
- Click on the "Import" button, this will load the guide information.
- Click "OK" to exit the TV-Server Configuration program.
- To view the guide go into MediaPortal itself, select "My TV", then select "TV Guide".
- To filter the view by the group you setup earlier, right click on the screen then on the menu that comes up select "Groups" then select the group that you setup earlier from the list.