If you move areas and need to change the guide region that you receive then you will need to run through a couple of steps to do this.
Note: If your recorder is not Windows XP MCE please see How do I change the guide region that I am receiving
A: First you will need to log in to the IceTV website and go to "My Account > Guide Settings" where you will see the Region option. Set the correct region and channels for where you live and then click on the "Save Settings" button on the page.
B: Then in Windows XP Media Center Edition you should clear out the cached guide and channel information and then re-setup the guide to ensure that the information for the new region is loaded correctly. To do this:
- Close Media Center.
- Close IceTV Interactive (this can be done by right clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting "Exit").
- Open "My Computer" either from the stare menu or desktop.
- Select your hard drive from the list of drives available.
- Open the "Documents and Settings" folder.
- Open "Application Data". If you do not see this folder you will need to turn on the showing of hidden files, to do this:
- Click on the "Tools" menu in the bar at the top of the window.
- Select "Folder and Search Options" from the menu.
- Click on the "View" tab.
- Place a dot in the box marked "Show hidden files and folders".
- Click "OK".
- You should now be able to see the "Program Data" folder.
- Open the "Microsoft" folder.
- Open the "eHome" folder.
- Open the "EPG" folder.
- Delete all the files and folders within this directory.
- Restart the computer.
C: Upon restarting the computer the IceTV Interactive program will re-load itself. You will then need to follow steps 3-5 on the XP Media Center setup page to re-setup the guide listings, including the "Add Listings to Channel" step. This can be found at Configuring your Media Center for the IceTV Guide