Each commercial TV network currently has 1 or 2 datacasting channels that they are using to broadcast non-stop infomercials. As IceTV does not provide a guide for datacasting channels they will appear blank in the guide on the TV. You may also have no guide data showing for any duplicate channels. Scrolling past blank rows in the guide can be annoying. Fortunately there are ways to deal with those channels.
On the Beyonwiz there are 2 different methods that you can use to avoid seeing blank channels in the guide:
A. You can setup a favourite group and leave out the unwanted channels and the infomercial channels. This way the channels are still on the Beyonwiz so you can view them any time you want to, by either pressing their channel number on the remote control or exiting the favourite group back to the 'All Services' list.
B. You can delete the unwanted channels and the infomercial channels to remove them completely. You will need to disable 'Dynamic Channel Management' to prevent the deleted channels coming back automatically.
How To use Favourite Channel Groups:
To learn how to setup and use Favourite channel groups on the Beyonwiz please see Beyonwiz's guide on How Do I Setup and Use Favourites.
How To Delete Unwanted Channels:
First you want to disable Dynamic Channel Management (and leave it disabled or the deleted channels will come back).
To Disable Dynamic Channel Management:
- Go to 'Setup > Misc. > PVR'.
- Press OK.
- Scroll down to the 2nd page (past Soft Padding Priority).
- Change 'Dynamic Channel Management' to Disable.
Now Delete the Unwanted Channels:
- Exit any menus or exit the guide.
- Press the List button to open the Channel List.
- Scroll up or down to the channel you want to delete.
- To delete the highlighted channel press the Yellow button and answer yes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all the channels that want to delete.