If the guide is coming up blank, or you have just adjusted the clock on the Beyonwiz, or updated the channel mapping information on the IceTV website, and it has been over 1 hour since the last time the guide has updated then you can force a guide update by following these steps:
- On the Beyonwiz go to the "Setup" via the remote control.
- Go to the fourth tab labelled "System" which has a icon of gears.
- Go down to "Initialize" on the left side and press OK.
- Select "Clear EPG Disk Cache" and press OK.
- Select "Yes" and press OK to confirm.
- If there is also a "Clear IceTV Disk Cache" option click OK on that too and answer "Yes".
- Select "Clear Timers", press OK and answer "Yes" to confirm.
- Note: If there is no "Clear Timers" option then your Beyonwiz has old firmware and you should update it, but for now you can disable Ice Guide, exit the menu, press Pop-up, then press OK on "Timer List", use the Green button to delete each timer, then re-enable Ice Guide.
Now, tell our server to resend all your timers:
- Turn the Beyonwiz off.
- Go to My Account then the My Recorders tab of the IceTV website, and log in if asked.
- Click on the Settings button next to the device that needs its recordings rescheduled.
- Click on the 'Resend all recordings for this device' button.
- Now turn your Beyonwiz on and leave it on until the guide and timers have arrived.
Note: If you previously disabled Ice Guide then Enable it now.
The above steps will force a guide update, and you should see the guide within minutes. If however the guide was downloaded within the last hour it can take a little longer. You can check when the guide was last updated in the My Account section of the IceTV website. If the guide remains blank after an hour then please check that the Network and IceGuide settings are correct on the Beyonwiz.