If you move areas and need to change the guide region that you receive then you will need to run through a couple of steps to do this.
Note: If your recorder is not Windows Vista Media Center please see How do I change the guide region that I am receiving
First you will need to log in to the IceTV website and go to "My Account > Guide Settings" where you will see the Region option. Set the correct region and channels for where you live and then click on the "Save Settings" button on the page.
Then in Windows Vista you should clear out the cached guide and channel information and then re-setup the guide to ensure that the information for the new region is loaded correctly. To do this:
- Close Media Center.
- Close IceTV Interactive (this can be done by right clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting "Exit").
- Open "Computer" from the stare menu.
- Select your hard drive from the list of drives available.
- Open the "Program Data" folder. If you do not see this folder you will need to turn on the showing of hidden files, to do this:
- Click on the "Organise" button in the bar at the top of the window.
- Select "Folder and Search Options" from the menu.
- Click on the "View" tab.
- Place a dot in the box marked "Show hidden files and folders".
- Click "OK".
- You should now be able to see the "Program Data" folder.
- Open the "Microsoft" folder.
- Open the "eHome" folder.
- Open the "EPG" folder.
- Delete all the files and folders within this directory.
- Restart the computer.
Upon restarting the computer the IceTV Interactive program will re-load itself. You will then need to follow steps 3-5 on the Vista Media Center setup page to re-setup the guide listings, including the "Add Listings to Channel" step. This can be found at Configuring your Media Center for the IceTV Guide